TJP Consumer Services
National Consumer Promotions & Shopper Marketing
- Big Ideas
- In-store activation
- Event marketing
- Sampling programs
- Brand positioning
- Integrated campaign planning
- Brand partnerships
- Sales materials
Research & Insights
- Strategic planning
- Concept development & testing
- Barrier & consumer/shopper research
Social & Digital Marketing
- Promotional social media campaigns
- Influencer partnerships
- Content creation
- Digital support for national & retailer specific programs
- Visual identity (color palette, fonts)
- Application (stationery)
3 MUSKETEERS “Throw Shine” with Kroger
3 MUSKETEERS sales had been declining for years as the brand was also losing relevance with younger generations.
Created “Throw Shine” program in 2016 to target Gen Z – a new generation of 3 MUSKETEERS consumers. Throwing Shine is the opposite of throwing shade: it’s inclusive, fun, and something worth spreading.
To connect Throw Shine directly to the brand and the in-store environment, we featured “shine” on our packs – brief messages to brighten someone’s day. We partnered with Kroger to bring Throw Shine to life & customize a program that targeted teens with test-and-learn tactics.
- 3 MUSKETEERS gained display space at front of store to drive awareness and incite impulse purchase
- Display included a meet & greet with hot recording artist Charlie Puth and new mobile tap technology enter-to-win mechanism to incent teens
- Snapchat geo-filters provided exclusive content to consumers in-store and encouraged social sharing of the #ThrowShine message
- Geo-targeted Instagram post drove consumers in-store
TWIX Grammys Social Influencer Program
Create buzz and remind target demo – Gen Z and Millennials – about TWIX by tapping into relevant pop culture.
- TWIX partnered with Westwood One to amplify their “Left Side vs. Right Side” campaign and activate on-site at two spectacular events in Los Angeles during Music’s Biggest Weekend
- TWIX received brand association with the Grammys, on-site activation with key musicians and industry insiders, as well as social and digital extensions
- TWIX took over a custom activation space at the Staples Center that was branded with #LeftTwix and #RightTwix; the booth had two social correspondents, Rocsi Diaz and Ralphie Aversa, to interview celebrities about whether they were #LeftTwix or #RightTwix
- All audio, video, and photo content was captured for TWIX to share on social media
- The brand also received 4 on-air :10 spots from all local Westwood One radio stations, as well as 2 syndicated shows, providing additional exposure on approximately 115 stations
- Program yielded 112,364,393 impressions
DOVE & OPI
Generate awareness and relevance for DOVE Dark Chocolate during a time of year when consumers are open to both change in general and the healthier aspects of dark chocolate in particular.
- Partnered with OPI, a cross-category, high-indexing brand that fits DOVE’s target demographic
- Designed custom DOVE Dark Color Palette nail polish
- Created promotional sweepstakes: “Discover Your Dark Side in the New Year and You Could WIN a DOVE Dark Chocolate and OPI Prize Package”
- Consumers were encouraged to enter on Facebook
- Posted content to support OPI partnership on DOVE FB page
- Cross-promoted on OPI FB page
- Targeted lifestyle bloggers “My Boys and Their Toys,” “MomTrends,” and “Who Said Nothing in Life Is Free”
- Each influencer received DOVE Dark Chocolate and the Nicole by OPI nail lacquers, as well as an additional prize kit to host a giveaway of their own
Account-Specific Programs & Merchandising Support
Drive both brand and retailer equity with a holistic, integrated program.
- Customized tactics based on research-driven data designed to effectively reach shoppers on their path to purchase
- Awareness: Digital and print advertising; geo-targeting around key stores; POP/POS
- Engagement: Social media; influencers; events & retail-tainment
- Reaction: Circulars; direct mail; FSIs; digital/mobile couponing
SNICKERS & SKITTLES: The Candy Bowl
Get shoppers to think of confections for their Super Bowl spread, and drive brand equity for both SNICKERS and SKITTLES, two very different flavor profiles with very different consumer bases.
- Set up rivalry between two consumer favorites enlisting fans to get involved and support their team
- Consumers texted “TeamSNICKERS” or “TeamSKITTLES,” or a photo of their pack, for a chance to win NFL season tickets
- Integrated Support
- In-store media
- Promotional radio with CBS Sports and NBC Sports
- Social influencers
Evolve standard laydown bags to transform the aisle and align the Mars bite-size portfolio.
- Designed series of Stand-up Pouches
- Improved shopping experience; new SUP format with prominent, upright logo enabled shoppers to find M&M’S 25% faster
- Tapped into evolving consumer trends: recruiting light and lapsed users by entering a new price partition and enabling snacking over time
- Naming convention provides clear usage cues to shoppers vs. generic “Small, Medium, Large”
- Re-sealable pack provides sustained freshness
Mars Chocolate with Target
Target wanted exclusive offerings during the holidays that are on-trend and that would drive incremental sales and shore up the category.
- Created custom holiday packaging aligned with current trends showcasing exclusive flavors
- Worked with Target’s Seasonal & Trend Design Team to collaborate on holiday offerings
- Researched current trends to develop concept ideas and test through online community
- Worked with sales and seasonal buyers to finalize packaging
Johnson & Johnson with CVS
Differentiate NEUTROGENA at point of purchase against competitors.
Created a completely different shelf display
- Compact, premium look and feel that made product literally stand out
- Leveraged ownable claims to grab target audience’s attention and convey distinct product benefit